10 Amp fuse keeps blowing

Allgemeines
GoRide
Fahrzeuge: 2012 ANF 125I
10 Amp fuse keeps blowing

Beitrag von GoRide »

Hi forum,

Apologies for my lack of German. I am reaching out for help from the UK.

I needed to replace the ignition switch on my 2012 Innova after someone damaged it trying to steal the bike. I fitted an aftermarket replacement switch this morning.

The bike has been running fine throughout the day. This evening the bike would not start. No instrument lights so I checked the 10 amp (sub) fuse. Replaced the fuse and the bike ran fine for an hour or so, before blowing the 10 amp fuse once again.

I have removed the plastics and checked the wiring and connections as best I can visually. Tried my last spare fuse. This time I turned on the ignition and let the bike sit for a few minutes whilst I wiggled wires/the handlebars, tried all the switches etc. The fuse blew as I turned off the ignition.

My initial reaction is to blame the replacement ignition switch as this is the last part fitted. But a quick search of the forums shows that other Innova owners have had issues with blown 10 amp fuses, so I am keen to hear what other potential causes have been identified.

I will arrange an exchange for the ignition switch in the morning, but prefer not to have to tear down the front end again if I don't have too.

Cheers,

Andrew

GoRide
Fahrzeuge: 2012 ANF 125I
Re: 10 Amp fuse keeps blowing - resolved

Beitrag von GoRide »

Replaced ignition switch.

Motorradverrückter
Fahrzeuge: 100 Zeichen maximal, ändert sich ständig. Wenn ihr es wissen wollt. PN

Re: 10 Amp fuse keeps blowing

Beitrag von Motorradverrückter »

try a fuse that doesn't blow so fast. There are different types of fuses and they vary in how fast they blow if the max Amps are exceeded. Or try to shut of the bike with the side stand and then turn off the ignition.
Nichts auf der Welt ist so gerecht verteilt wie Verstand: jeder ist überzeugt, genügend davon zu besitzen.

IGN
Fahrzeuge: Wave 110i , Hsun HS100-11

Re: 10 Amp fuse keeps blowing

Beitrag von IGN »

...and Andrew :up2:
was it a short in the aftermarket ignition switch ?
Matt

Antworten

Zurück zu „Technik Innova“